That’s the question I had been asking myself over and over. I believe it all come down to two reasons. A platform to voice my genuine opinions.
Sure but why writing here, you may ask? You could do it on social media platforms?
My opinion is that it is very difficult to accurately express your views on social media, without describing your thoughts process. Yes, you can write an essay on Facebook post but it is not designed from the beginning to do that. Facebook’s post is more of an update of your current life than an essay after essay about your thoughts. (Likewise for other social media platforms)
Branding to me is very important because it is what define you and what others look upon to. Every part of the blog tells who I truly am. This is why I chose the tagline for all my writings — Personal Thoughts
Principles I stand by in writing
With this platform and ownership in place, I do have the responsibility for my readers to know my principles on writing my personal thoughts.
- It is my genuine personal thoughts. It may or may not align with yours. It’s fine. You don’t have to agree with it. As a matter of fact, I do not need you to agree with it. Everyone is different and are entitled to different views.
- Because it is my personal thoughts, for most if not all of the articles that I am going to write, I am not going to go cross reference or search for research papers to prove my points. I may do that if I felt a need to. If I do, I will cite it accordingly.
- I may or may not get some of the facts wrong. I will try my best to reduce that but I can’t guarantee I won’t fall off the slip ever. If I do, let me know. I will update it accordingly.
- I am not after huge readership at all. Just not interested in it.
- I don’t have perfect English. As a matter of fact, I will consider my English proficiency subpar. So please don’t be surprise if you spot grammar or structure error (Hi, Grammarly). It just going happen. But I will try my best to reduce it.
What can you expect?
In one word — Anything
I will blog about anything that I find interests about and have a strong feeling towards it. Like I mentioned, I am not after viewership. Hence, there won’t be a need for post after post.
So…If you are up for it, you can stay updated here.